Sunday, February 19, 2012

Introduction

Dear Diarrhea,

this journal was created to document my research into my BA thesis in American Studies. The general area I've picked is in the region of science fiction (speculative fiction for those anal retentives among you who cannot bear even the slightest impreciseness or political incorrectness in naming literary genres), and how the philosophies of posthumanism and transhumanism appear in that genre. Whether I can find an actual focus within that field is still to be determined, but for now, my working title is Definitions of Man: The Impact of Human Augmentation and Evolution on Society as Envisioned by Speculative Fiction Authors. My first goal is to shorten that title to merely half a page.

As I find interesting literature, be it primary or secondary, I will be posting my thoughts and comments here. Hopefully, I can do this in conjunction with the blogging class I'm taking, because the weekly requirements just might force me to do more research than I would otherwise.

I leave you, my dear diarrhea, hoping that you will be one of my more successful ventures.

Until my next post, I'm eternally yours,
-Márton Körtesi.

No comments:

Post a Comment